Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Hmmm... what is my body shape???

I had my first "professional fashion consultation" today at the neighborhood women's monthly expat luncheon.   The special guest today was a expert fashion and style specialist who was there to teach us how to dress our best-- how to maximize our assets and minimize our liabilities when it comes to clothing our bodies.  She gave us a rundown of different body types (ie:  hourglass, pear-shaped, column. . .) and then showed examples of types of clothing that would best suit us.  As she walked around the room she would identify what body type that woman had and show pictures of the type of clothing that would most flatter her figure.  

When she got to me she got stuck.  "Hmmm,"  she said as she paused and pondered.   After a few moments she said completely seriously, "Well, I guess if I had to categorize you, I'd say that you were an oval."  Then she moved on.  

Even the professional didn't have suggestions on how to flatter this pregnant figure!! 



6 comments:

Pam said...

I like the first picture, you look like a cartoon vegetable.

Catherine said...

those are funny pics. That's hilarious what the fashion consultant said to you . . .

Knowing you, Shelley, you'll be back to perfect figure in NO TIME after the baby is born.

Also, good luck with potty training. All I will say is that when I got too frustrated and upset with my girls when they had accidents (that I knew they could prevent!!) I knew it was time to take a break with "the training" and try again later. Allison trained like a dream, at only 2 yrs and 3-4 months. But Sarah was a huge pain, took roughly 5 months, and was over 2 1/2 years old. How old is Anthon?

The Hyer Family said...

Love the post...I'd label you "washboard" in your non-pregnant state...as for potting training (per Tony's post) hang in there...I was the worst example...I got mad, I yelled, I got frustrated, I threatened...but I also got very quick results!

Eric & Gretchen said...

I think you are a beautiful pregnant woman!!!

Cameron and Cindy said...

You look so cute!! It sounds like you are well!

megan said...

aww shelley I'm sooo behind in your posts!! A few days away and I'm missing everything! :-) I loved this post! These monthly get togethers sound like fun! And you look so cute n prego!! Can you believe you have another one on the way?!?! And btw...justin really wants an imac...are you loving it?