We had a great Valentine's Day. We woke up this morning and Anthon got to open his cards from his grandparents-- a Lightening McQueen card from Grammy and Grandpa and a Thomas the Train card from Nana and Papa. He was thrilled-- in fact he carried the cards around all day long and could recite what they said inside. It's Friday morning now-- he just woke up and I can hear him in the other room reading his cards again. They were/still are a big hit.
For breakfast we had heart shaped toast and talked about all the people we love and about how today we get to celebrate all of the people in our life we love on Valentine's Day. After breakfast Anthon had me send an email to Tony that said, "Love you." "Howdy partner." and "I love Lightening McQueen"!
After breakfast, we began our big adventure for the day-- making Valentine cookies. Anthon was actually quite good at it. I would roll out the dough and he could cut it with the cookie cutter. I was impressed that he was able to do such a good job. I guess all that play dough play time at our parent ed. class paid off! While the cookies were baking, Anthon and I danced to Michael Buble love songs. My little guy is quite the dancer. He especially likes the spins and the lifts; it was lots of work for mommy and lots of fun. With 10 minutes/ pan of cookies and a half dozen pans, I think that I got my 60 minutes of cardio in for yesterday. (I can't remember the last time that happened!!)
I frosted the cookies and then Anthon put the sprinkles on. I was again impressed by how well he did. Maybe he's becoming my little sous-chef!
When Tony came home we had a nice dinner and exchanged Valentines. Supposedly, we weren't exchanging gifts, but I got a beautiful orchid out of the deal. (How that's not a gift, I don't know.) I will definitely enjoy it. I think that orchids are becoming my favorite flower-- they are so exotic and unique; I really love them. And this particular one is absolutely gorgeous. Anthon got a Strawberry Kit Kat which he told me last week is his favorite thing about Japan. (I admit, they are pretty good.) Tony got a homemade Valentine from Anthon, a card and a haiku from me. Now my haiku poems are pretty incredible, but I still think Tony got the short stick. Sorry babe.
To conclude, I'm going to list the top 5 things I love about each of the men in my life.
Anthon
1. His happy disposition and his sense of humor.
2. How he always needs "one kiss more" after we tuck him in at night.
3. Hearing bu-bump-cha, bu-bump-cha coming down the hall at least once a day followed by an attack by "tickle-shark"
4. His ability to communicate-- to tell me how he feels/what he wants and to reason and understand.
5. The tight squeezes and kiss I get on my leg when we are walking followed by, "Love you."
Love you too Anthon.
Tony
1. He is always more generous to me than I think that I deserve.
2. He can make me laugh.
3. That people are so important to him. He is continually trying to make our family's life better; he's so kind to Anthon and me. He also takes an interest in people around him and in those who are less fortunate, and tries to do things or become involved with activities to bless those around him.
4. He's hot.
5. He's not afraid to try new things. He stretches me to get out of my comfort zone more than I would on my own.
I love you babe.
2 comments:
Cute post Shelley.
I love your top 5 lists. And I love the heart-shaped toast and cookies. And I LOVE your kitchen! It looks super swanky and modern.
Happy Valentine's Day to you guys!
Good 'ol parent ed. We've missed Valentines because Grace had a cough. Sounds like you had a jam packed day. Aren't two year olds amazing! You think something will be too hard for them and they suprise you, then you ask them to do something and they say it's too hard. Good thing they are amazingly cute!
Post a Comment