The first few days that we were in Tokyo, we lived in Tony's company's corporate apartment. We took a taxi from the airport to the corporate housing, and when we got there Anthon was SOOO excited. He ran around the place like crazy, opening every door, going into every room and checking out the cupboards and closets. Tony and I were just wondering what on earth he was doing. After he finished searching the entire place, he came to us crying.
"No toys," he said.
"What?"
"No toys."
We have spent the last month explaining to him that all of his stuff: his toys, his crib, the couch, the TV, etc. were on there way to Japan. He thought that when he arrived his stuff would be here. It was so sad. We explained to him that we were just in temporary housing. After we moved into our permanent house, then part of his stuff would come (in the air shipment) the rest would come later (on the slow boat routed through Singapore).
The next morning we asked Anthon where we were. We were anticipating him saying Tokyo or Japan-- because we've talked about it so much. Clear as a bell he said, "Temporary housing"!
1 comment:
Super cute! It's amazing how fast kids pick things up. I'm so glad I found your blog, can you send me your e-mail address so I can put you on our list of friends who can access our blog? e-mail me at sherrikandjosh@gmail.com
Post a Comment