I am DONE being pregnant. I've done my time, the baby is full term, my bags are packed (THE BELT is in them, of course), my house is clean, there's food in the freezer so my family won't starve, all of Ella's clothes and things are washed and ready to go, and my fingernails and toenails are even polished. I just need to get this baby out.
My two pregnancies could not have been more different. When I was pregnant with Anthon I felt so beautiful, I was active, I could touch my toes. I honestly can't think of a happier time when I felt better about myself; I could have stayed pregnant forever. I even slept flat on my back the night before he was born-- and I didn't have to get up to use the bathroom once. This pregnancy has been much more difficult. I've struggled to stay happy, I've been uncomfortable almost since the beginning, and I have felt HUGE for the last 4 months, nauseated almost the whole pregnancy, and only recently have I been able to bend over again (Ella has dropped a little). I feel like I'm suffocating if I lay on my back and I wake up at least once a night to use the bathroom. Also, this time around I'm getting varicose veins and stretch marks-- yuck. I didn't get those with Anthon. Here's the big enigma-- with Anthon I gained 45 pounds!! Yikes. With this pregnancy, I've gained 22 (and that's after overeating the night before).
Tonight I asked Tony to take pictures of me in the same outfit I wore in the pictures he took right before Anthon was born. To be honest with you, I was shocked. I thought for sure I'd look WAY bigger this time around because I certainly feel WAY bigger and my belly doesn't seem to be able to stretch any more. As you can see, I look really HUGE before giving birth to Anthon-- my belly, my butt, my face. Why was I feeling so beautiful?? I don't look nearly as pregnant this time-- so why am I so uncomfortable? Who knows, but I'm still ready to be done!
I've been doing some research online about natural ways to induce labor. None of them are working. I have yet to try the acupuncture (what is worse-- being pregnant or having someone stick you all over with needles?) I have, however, tried the acupressure and have been squeezing key places on my ankles, hands, and lower back throughout the day (the other ladies at the park must think that I'm nutso). I also haven't tried castor oil-- but my little English/Japanese translator can't translate that for me, so I don't know how to ask for it. (And castor oil may be even worse than needles). If anyone has any ideas on how to entice a child to make an appearance in this world-- I'd love to know. And if that means acupuncture and castor oil, I think a few more days like this will motivate me to try even that.
13 comments:
You look adorable, but I'm sorry this pregnancy has been so miserable. You're SO almost there! Ella is an adorable name. Can't wait to see pics of the little girl! (that's my input for inducing labor...just continue to talk about it as if it's happening tomorrow)
Hang in there friend...wish I was there to help...you look fabulous...I'm hoping I can be in the "less weigh gain club" with this one...I was a 40-plus pounder with my first 2! Yikes is right! Honestly the 2 people I know who drank castor oil got very sick, but also gave birth right after...don't know if there's a connection...hang in there...
A couple of other things...when aren't your nails painted??? They are always polished to perfection! And how the heck did you sleep on your back with Anthon??? I feel that suffocating feeling after about 16 weeks...it is so painful...
I agree Shelley. I think the whole pregnancy thing stinks (a necessary evil, though) and especially the last MONTH of pregnancy . . it's TERRIBLE!!! I've heard bad things about castor oil . . . diarrhea. But I've heard doing a little "somethin', somethin" with your husband can do the trick. (Although all it did for me was give me a whole night of false labor. So I quit that after a while too.) See if your doctor will "strip your membranes" at your next appointment. That worked like a charm every time my doctors were willing to do it. Not all Drs are though. Good Luck!!
i have a theory as to why you feel more uncomfortable - i think it is because you are not as big. the baby is packed tight against everything inside you. At least, that is the theory i developed for myself. Ooohh, how desperate it gets at the end!! i BEGGED my doctor to induce me a week early. and i was still mad i had to wait that long. good luck!
you are tiny, you don't look ready to deliver, I am feeling similarly, I can't walk around the room without limping and being in extreme pain. I am done too!!!
I think you look beautiful! I too had a similar experience with my pregnancies and I had a boy first and a girl second too. If you want to go into labor, go to a movie and get a huge soda. I know it sounds funny but it worked for me and for several of my friends. Best of luck in the next few days. Hang in there...pretty soon there will be an adorable little girl in your arms!
I forgot to say. Mike and I have a theory. God made the end of pregnancy so uncomfortable so that a woman will actually want to go into labor. Otherwise what woman would ever want to go through hours of excruciating pain. We do it to get that baby OUT!
Hmmm, I have a lot to say, so maybe I should just email you...
Totally the same thing, I gained so much with Sammy (60 pounds) and looked like a cow, but thought I looked cute preggo. Gained 50 with Hannah and felt like a cow. I actually lost 70 pounds after having Sammy and with Hannah I still have 5 pounds to go. Hannah TOTALLY ruined my body. I had only very tiny stretch marks from Sammy that totally faded and weren't visible at all AND my stomach was still tight a few months after giving birth. With Hannah, my stomach is now a saggy, wrinkly mess and has severe stretch marks. Go figure. I'm not sure if it's from all the extra estrogen or just the way we carry girls. Who knows. I'm just saying that I can totally relate!
Suggestions for inducing labor: spicy food, nipple stimulation (manually or with a breast pump), eating food with balsamic vinegar in it (salad), sex, lots of walking. Don't do the castor oil--I've heard too many nightmare stories about it!
If you can get your doctor to strip your membranes (not to be confused with breaking your water) that can help speed things up, but most won't do it until after 40 weeks. If you have it done go for a really long walk afterwards.
Hang in there!! You look great!
I know you don't feel like it, but you look great. Maybe it's girls that do it to you- I felt the way you do with both my girls. Lucky you forget all that stuff soon after giving birth!
You look tiny!! I wish I could look like that at 38 weeks! Wow! I'm so sorry that you have been feeling so terrible, You have not posted in 3 days now so maybe thats good news! I'll check back later!
Amber
PS.. I was 2 weeks overdue with Brooklyn and I drank the oil, it didn't put me into labor, but I sure did feel horrible and pooped a lot!orsqim
Shelley, you look fabulous!! Wow, you only gained 22 pounds??!! Holy schnikies! I can't even tell that you're not feeling very well - you still look like you're glowing. (How do you do it?) I can totally relate to that back-sleeping suffocating feeling. One of my favorite things about having Weston wasn't being able to lie on my stomach, but to lie on my back again!!
Hang in there, you are SO close now!! I'm so excited for you!!! Sorry, I don't know any proven labor induction methods, which is probably why I was 9 days late. Although I did ask the doctor to sweep my membranes at my last appointment, and then I had the baby 10 hours later. So... there's an idea! :-)
you look great! seriously! but I totally understand I HATE being pregnant- defintely felt worse with Anneke- totally moody (We are convinced it's a hormone thing with girls- too much in one body!) but you do look great- hang in there- I was a week over with Adley and nothing worked. and had Ani a day before D-day. my kids just love hanging out as long as possible in there I guess- anyway, can't wait to see pics of ella!!
Post a Comment