To the best of my knowledge, Anthon has never seen a gun. I can't remember him playing with toy guns, we don't own any guns, don't watch movies about guns-- you get the picture. While we were out walking a few days ago, Anthon picked this up and said, "Mommy, look. A fire stick." He proceeded to "fire" at everyone who passed. How on earth does he know about guns? Boys will be boys I guess.
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
you don't know HOW relieved this makes me! adley is totally obsessed with using sticks for swords and guns right now, doing the sounds and stuff- I have NO idea how he got the idea, but I've heard that boys just come up with it...got to hear that another buddy is equally obsessed! and ps- I'm totally anxious to hear about the results of the belt! so funny!
My "older" friends at church were just explaining to me last Sunday that when their boys were young, they never bought toy guns or knives/swords, or watched shows about them either. But pretty soon, their boys found other sharp and pointy things to pretend with, and so finally the parents ended up buying a few plastic immitations because they were safer! So, I'm not sure what I'll do when Kimball gets older, but let me just say that my GIRLS are doing the same thing as Anthon too! They take apart a baby doll crib so that they can use the polls as "guns." Crazy. And I wondered the same thing, "where did they learn this???"
Post a Comment