Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter

Easter was really fun this year.  Anthon is just getting old enough to be excited for things like chocolate filled Easter eggs and gifts from the Easter bunny.  When we explained to him that the Easter bunny comes at night and leaves presents and candy he replied, "like Santa Claus".  Yep, you've got it kid-- the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus are exactly alike.  

We had  a ward Easter egg hunt the week before Easter in a gorgeous park near our home.  The biggest competition the kids got was from the crows.  The crows are HUGE here-- and they would swoop down and steal the Easter eggs then fly up into the trees and try to get the candy out.  It's kind of scary to be surrounded by birds with mouths big enough to fit around a large plastic Easter egg-- especially when the birds aren't afraid of people.  (Hmmm... that could be the basis of a really scary movie!)  

Anthon had fun with the candy-- but I think even more fun with the drinking fountain. 
 
 

I didn't want to be alone on Easter Sunday; I knew that would make me miss the family dinners that we always have in Los Angeles.  So Tony and I invited a whole houseful of people over.  It was wonderful.  There were kids running around, great conversation, and I made this divine carrot cake.  This was the 2nd year in a row I've made the "light" version.  I don't think that anyone even knew they were eating light food-- and I certainly didn't tell them.  

5 comments:

Mike and Heidi said...

Hi Shelley, I'm glad you had a nice Easter. All holidays get more fun as our little ones get older! 6 weeks to go! The baby will be here in no time. Enjoy the cherry blossoms!

Pam said...

He always has the cutest expressions.

dietcokegrrl said...

awww, Anthon looks so big--when did he become such a big boy?

dana said...

I love that pic of Anthon with the water. He's looking so old these days!

Carol Benesh said...

Shelley,

Long time no visit blog! I can't believe you are about to deliver already. Kylee and I will keep watching for cute baby girl pics to go with that darling little boy. Best of luck! Will write a long e-mail!